BMW CLUB OXFORD SECTION
IRELAND 12th to 21st JUNE 2017
Day 1: Arrive in Rosslare Harbour and ride to your first hotel in Wexford. Day one is all about arriving safely and meeting up with old friends and making some new ones. Dinner is included on the first (& last) night allowing you to relax and get ready for your tour of Ireland and the Wild Atlantic Way.
Day 2, 3 & 4: Travel to Co. Cork via the Copper Coast. Enjoy some of the best roads and views on the south coast of Ireland. You’ll visit Kinsale for lunch, the gourmet capital of Ireland. Originally a medieval fishing port, the stunning town of Kinsale is one of the most picturesque, popular and historic towns on the south west coast of Ireland, a region renowned for its rugged coastline. Arrive at your next hotel for 3 nights in Ballyvourney, Co. Cork. From here you will tour Co. Kerry. With a coastline carved over millennia by a wild ocean, Kerry is the proud owner of Ireland’s 10 highest peaks and a vast national park containing the country’s oldest oak forests. Visit Dingle and ride out to Slea Head. Ride around the Ring of Kerry. Co. Kerry has so much to offer the visiting motorcyclist.
Day 5 & 6: We then travel to your next hotel in Spanish Point, Co. Clare. A luxury three star hotel ideally situated on the West Clare coastline, that perfectly blends old world elegance and luxury with comfort and convenience, within walking distance of the sea and easy reach of West Clare’s many attractions. We visit the world famous Cliffs of Moher and the Burren, a uniquely rocky wilderness area. The roads in Co. Clare are second to none for fun and the stunning natural beauty of its long, meandering coastline with unique windswept landscapes.
Day 7, 8 & 9: After Co. Clare the tour travels north to Co. Galway passing through Connemara, and we ride to Clifden and Sky Road west of Clifden. We stop in Clifden for lunch. We then ride to our hotel in Ballina, Co. Mayo. From here we tour around Mayo & Sligo. You will visit Westport and Achill Island which lie off the west coast. Marked by rugged mountains and peat bogs, the island is known for its tall sea cliffs and clean beaches.
Day 10: Time to head back to Wexford across the middle of Ireland. See Ireland’s bogs and cross the Slieve Bloom Mountains. Back to the hotel in Wexford for the last night (dinner included) to exchange stories with the group and say your farewells to your fellow travelers.
- Rider/Pillion per person sharing €TBC
- Single room supplement per person €TBC
- To book please pay £50 deposit to the ‘BMW CLUB OXFORD SECTION’.
- Contact Rosemary Hicks on 01869 240529 or email email@example.com
- There is limited availability of single rooms.
- This is a self-guided tour organised for the ‘BMW CLUB OXFORD SECTION’.
- Tour is open to club members only.
- This tour is run by WILDIRISH Motorcycle Tours. We organise the hotels and recommend routes and attractions.
- Tour includes 8 nights B&B and 2 nights Dinner, B&B in 3* or 4* hotels.
- You must have the correct licence and insurance to ride in the Republic of Ireland.
- All prices are in Euros.
- You can pay by cheque or bank transfer or online by PayPal, credit card or debit card.
And 2 month later this tour appears in the Journal
A big thanks to all of you who were on tour.
See link below for a great write up on the trip.
WILDIRISH Motorcycle Tours
Make Touring Ireland Easy